The 2020 Scholarship Program!
5 College Scholarships!
Granted to June 2020 graduating high school seniors, who are WCTFCU Members, who will start their Freshman year of college in the fall of 2020.
– One (1) 2- year General Scholarship, granted at $2,500 per year, to the most outstanding student, entering any field of study. Total grant is $5,000; second consecutive year grant of $2,500 will be awarded based upon Freshman year GPA.
– Two (2) one-time $2,500 General Scholarships granted to outstanding students entering any field of study.
– One (1) one-time $2,500 Waterbury Public High School Graduate Scholarship. New in 2020, this 1-time $2,500 scholarship will be granted to an exemplary WCTFCU Member, Waterbury Resident, Graduating Senior of a Waterbury Public High School (Wilby, Kennedy, Crosby, Waterbury Arts Magnet School, Waterbury Career Academy).
– One (1) Jean O’Brien Memorial Scholarship: Granted to one outstanding student who has committed to pursuing a declared, 4-year Education Major. Granted at $2,000 per year for up to 4 consecutive years of college ($8,000 total). Consecutive years’ grants are dependent upon student’s year-end GPA each year.
Apply Online March 15 – May 15
For further details & to complete the Scholarship Application Form click here. (wctfcu.com).
Student must complete the online Scholarship Application & upload 3 documents:
1) Current Transcript
2) Essay What the WCTFCU Means To Me
3) Activities Resume
Only online applications will be considered.
Eligibility & Selection of Scholarship Winners
2020 Graduating high school seniors, who are members of the Waterbury CT Teachers Federal Credit Union are eligible to apply.
Not yet a Member? Join now and apply for a scholarship! Immediate family members of WCTFCU Members are eligible to join. Click here for membership info and to apply online for membership.
Selection Process: Recipients are selected by a majority vote from the Scholarship Committee, a subcommittee of the WCTFCU Board of Directors. All applications are anonymous when given to the Committee for review and the vote (names, personal info, school data is not available to Committee).
All applicants will be contacted prior to July 1st, regardless of whether or not they have won a scholarship.
Due to the uncertainty as to the culmination of the 2020 school year, the Scholarships program is tentative for this year. Applications will continue to be received. However, a final decision will be made by the committee at a later date.
Questions? Call or click to learn more.
Middlebury, 773 Straits Turnpike 203-758-9500
Danbury, 110 Federal Road 203-791-1117
T 800-992-2226 wctfcu.com