NAMPA — The Nampa Golf Commission awarded seven local college-bound graduates each with $2,000 scholarships at the annual Mayor’s Golf Tournament.
This year the tournament had 32 teams participating and 30 hole sponsors.
At the tournament the following high school seniors received $2,000 scholarships:
· Jackson Cook, Skyview High School
· Gabriel Dennis, Nampa Christian High School
· Brian Johannsen, Nampa High School
· Jadon Law, Ridgevue High School
· Emma Miller, Skyview High School
· Selah Peterson, Nampa High School
· Shelise Washington, Nampa High School
“It was a big honor at first when I got it, I had a friend who received it last year and that’s all I have been thinking about for the past year, I was super excited to apply for it,” said Selah Peterson.
She is planning to use the scholarship towards attending BYU-Idaho in the fall as she works towards her goal of becoming a labor and delivery nurse.