How do virtual college fairs work?
A virtual college fair connects your students and their families with college representatives on an online platform. Virtual college fairs offer an interactive digital space for your students to learn more about colleges and universities they are interested in.
How do you attend a virtual college fair?
9 Tips for Attending a Virtual College Fair
- Invite your parents. …
- Make sure you’re familiar with the platform. …
- If using video, put your best foot forward. …
- Prepare a list of questions. …
- Listen in, even if you can’t participate. …
- Keep your audio muted unless you’re asking a question. …
- Ask for a copy of the presentation.
Are virtual college fairs worth attending?
Are Virtual College Fairs Worth It? YES! While going virtual has generated its own fair share of problems, there is no reason students shouldn’t be signing up for these virtual college fairs. If anything, more students than ever should be able to attend.
How does the Nacac virtual college fair work?
NACAC Virtual College Fairs is a college search site that prominently features one-day events called virtual fairs. Students may look at the colleges on the site at any time and, on the day of each fair, can attend their choice of Zoom sessions offered by the colleges.
What is the most common location for college fairs?
College fairs are often held at local community centers, junior colleges or conference centers.
What should I ask college fair college reps?
Helpful Questions to Ask Colleges During A College Fair
- What do students like most about your school? …
- What kinds of students are happiest at your school?
- Where do students hang out on campus? …
- What financial aid programs does your college offer?
- What academic programs are the most popular at your college?
How does a college fair work?
A college fair is a gathering of college representatives who are looking for the right students for their institutions. They’re there to spread the word about their college to high school students — and they want to talk to you. … Ask your counselor or a teacher how to find college fairs in your area.
How do I get the most out of my college fair?
Use these 5 tips to best prepare for a college fair:
- Review the list of schools. Before you go to a college fair, get the list of schools that will be represented at the event. …
- Ask thoughtful questions. …
- Take good notes. …
- Leave time to explore. …
- Collect contact information.
What should you wear to a college fair?
Wear Smart Casual
Smart casual for men includes a formal shirt, jeans or khakis and dress shoes. Wearing sneakers is allowed as long as the overall look is put-together well. Smart casual for women includes a well-fitting blouse, dress jeans or a skirt and formal shoes.
Do parents go to college fairs?
It’s never too early to go to a college fair. Some families will attend as early as middle school, but generally starting in ninth or 10th grade is a good option for students.
What colleges are doing virtual tours?
Colleges and Universities That Offer Virtual Campus Tours
|California Institute of the Arts||Link||CA|
|California Lutheran University||Link||CA|
|California Polytechnic State University||Link||CA|
|California State Polytechnic University, Pomona||Link||CA|