ATLANTA, April 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Delta Community Credit Union (www.DeltaCommunityCU.com), Georgia’s largest credit union with more than $6.5 billion in assets, is pleased to announce recipients of its15th annual scholarship program. Five students will receive a total of $25,000 based on academic achievement, community involvement and an essay submission.
Each of these students will receive a $5,000 scholarship:
- John Atkinson, who attends Centennial High School in Roswell, Georgia, plans to study Marine Biology at Harvard University.
- Kennedy Head, a senior at McEachern High School in Marietta, Georgia, plans to attend Jacksonville State University with a career goal of becoming a Nurse Practitioner.
- Naren Matcha, a senior at Milton High School in Milton, Georgia, plans to major in Biology at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.
- Adam Shi, a student at Lambert High School in Suwanee, Georgia will attend the University of Pennsylvania with a career goal of integrating farming with philanthropy by developing and donating hydroponic greenhouses to communities in Africa and Asia.
- Sophie Zhang, a 2019 graduate of Dunwoody High School in Atlanta, is currently majoring in Industrial Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
“As we celebrate Delta Community’s 80th anniversary this year, we are also privileged to celebrate these bright, motivated students, who promise to continue making meaningful contributions to their communities,” said Delta Community CEO Hank Halter. “We’re grateful for opportunities to invest in their education, and we wish them personal and professional success.”
The Delta Community Scholarship Program is open to eligible students seeking a first undergraduate degree. Awards may be used to fund tuition, books, housing and other expenses.
In addition to its annual Scholarship Program, Delta Community also offers quarterly scholarships for students attending Historically Black Colleges or Universities; an annual grant-making Philanthropic Fund; and a wide array of free financial literacy workshops through its Financial Education Center.
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with a mission of providing better service and value on the products consumers use to manage household expenses and save for the future. Founded in 1940, Delta Community is Georgia’s largest credit union with more than 415,000 members, 26 metro Atlanta branches and three out-of-state branch locations. It welcomes anyone living or working in metro Atlanta as well as employees of more than 150 businesses including Chick-fil-A, Delta Air Lines, RaceTrac and UPS. Visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com to open an account or follow the Credit Union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DeltaCommunity and Twitter at @DeltaCommunity.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/delta-community-awards-25-000-in-college-scholarships-301035872.html
SOURCE Delta Community Credit Union